Annual General Meeting 2012
The Association of Americans Resident Overseas cordially invites you to attend its Annual General Meeting to be held at
The George C. Marshall Center, Hôtel de Talleyrand, 2 rue Saint-Florentin, Paris 75001
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Time: Doors open at 6:00 p.m
Business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Grand Dining Room
RSVP: by Friday, May 4, 2012
Address by Alison Smale, Executive Editor of the International Herald Tribune
“French Elections: What Impact on Europe and Beyond?”
Alison Smale has served as Deputy Foreign Editor of the New York Times, organizing much of the coverage of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Her foreign experience includes reporting for The Associated Press on Eastern Europe during the collapse of the Communist regimes.
Cocktail Reception follows in the Grand Reception Room
Cost: €30 per person for the cocktail reception, payable online. Payments will not be accepted at the door.
FATCA in the News
- Four Ways to Get FATCAed
- FATCA Losing Its Way
- Overseas Americans: Time to Say 'Bye' to Uncle Sam?
- From 'The Hill': FATCA, a Simple Premise Gone Terribly Wrong', co-authored by AARO Board Member Victoria Ferrauge
- How to Lose Friends, Citizens and Influence (July 18)
- Letter from Congressman Bill Posey to Treasury Secretary Lew, questioning the feasibility of FATCA implementation
- Reed-Schumer Amendment on "Ex-Citizen Tax Dodgers"
Join AARO for its monthly lunch and lively discussion of political issues affecting overseas Americans - from taxes to voting to citizenship to whatever else is on your mind. Get to know us and learn more about the organization!
Please Note: Venue may change, to be announced!
Date: Monday, May 5
Place: Pizza Pino, 57 Boulevard Montparnasse, Paris 75006
Metro: Falguière or Notre-Dame-des-Champs