New Legislative Initiatives to improve voting from abroad.
New Legislative Initiatives to improve the process for voting from abroad. Send letters of support !
FVAP,Â the Federal Voting Assistance Program, is introducing legislation that will make voting easier for citizens covered under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA). AARO encourages its members to go to the FVAP website at http://www.fvap.gov/reference/laws/state-initiatives/index.html for a copy of the Legislative Initiatives sent to the state of your residency. You can then contact your state's chief election official by letter to urge passage of these legislative initiatives.
|< Prev||Next >|
FATCA in the News
- Four Ways to Get FATCAed
- FATCA Losing Its Way
- Overseas Americans: Time to Say 'Bye' to Uncle Sam?
- From 'The Hill': FATCA, a Simple Premise Gone Terribly Wrong', co-authored by AARO Board Member Victoria Ferrauge
- How to Lose Friends, Citizens and Influence (July 18)
- Letter from Congressman Bill Posey to Treasury Secretary Lew, questioning the feasibility of FATCA implementation
- Reed-Schumer Amendment on "Ex-Citizen Tax Dodgers"
Join AARO for its monthly lunch and lively discussion of political issues affecting overseas Americans - from taxes to voting to citizenship to whatever else is on your mind. Get to know us and learn more about the organization!
Please Note: Venue may change, to be announced!
Date: Monday, December 2
Place: Pizza Pino, 57 Boulevard Montparnasse, Paris 75006
Metro: FalguiÃ¨re or Notre-Dame-des-Champs