STEPHANIE SIMONARD left her native Washington, D.C. for Paris some 30 years ago and ever since has specialized in US and French taxation with KPMG and then her own Paris firm which provides income, gift, and estate tax services to Americans outside the US. She is a member of the Paris bar and enrolled agent before the Internal Revenue Service. President of AARO for six years and a member of the Tax Committee, she has helped AARO bring about major improvements in the ways the US and France tax Americans living abroad.
FATCA in the News
- Four Ways to Get FATCAed
- FATCA Losing Its Way
- Overseas Americans: Time to Say 'Bye' to Uncle Sam?
- From 'The Hill': FATCA, a Simple Premise Gone Terribly Wrong', co-authored by AARO Board Member Victoria Ferrauge
- How to Lose Friends, Citizens and Influence (July 18)
- Letter from Congressman Bill Posey to Treasury Secretary Lew, questioning the feasibility of FATCA implementation
- Reed-Schumer Amendment on "Ex-Citizen Tax Dodgers"