U.S. Expat Taxes Drive Americans to Give Up Citizenship
TIME - Chicago native Ben loves his country and is proud to be an American. Yet the longtime resident of Melbourne has just relinquished his U.S. citizenship. "This is not something I did lightly or happily, but I saw no other choice," says Ben, a businessman who became an Australian citizen two years ago. Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983238,00.html?artId=1983238?contType=article?chn=world
FATCA in the News
- Four Ways to Get FATCAed
- FATCA Losing Its Way
- Overseas Americans: Time to Say 'Bye' to Uncle Sam?
- From 'The Hill': FATCA, a Simple Premise Gone Terribly Wrong', co-authored by AARO Board Member Victoria Ferrauge
- How to Lose Friends, Citizens and Influence (July 18)
- Letter from Congressman Bill Posey to Treasury Secretary Lew, questioning the feasibility of FATCA implementation
- Reed-Schumer Amendment on "Ex-Citizen Tax Dodgers"