What the Health Care Overhaul Means for Americans Abroad
March 23, 2010, New York Times –By Jenninfer Saranow Schultz
On Monday, Times reporters answered reader questions about how the health care overhaul will affect consumers. But one reader question that remained unanswered was how the legislation will affect Americans abroad. Here’s the answer. According to Tom Rose, chairman of the Association of Americans Resident Overseas' Committee on Social Security and Medicare.... http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/23/what-the-health-care-overhaul-means-for-americans-abroad/
FATCA in the News
- Four Ways to Get FATCAed
- FATCA Losing Its Way
- Overseas Americans: Time to Say 'Bye' to Uncle Sam?
- From 'The Hill': FATCA, a Simple Premise Gone Terribly Wrong', co-authored by AARO Board Member Victoria Ferrauge
- How to Lose Friends, Citizens and Influence (July 18)
- Letter from Congressman Bill Posey to Treasury Secretary Lew, questioning the feasibility of FATCA implementation
- Reed-Schumer Amendment on "Ex-Citizen Tax Dodgers"