White House appoints staff person in charge of overseas Americans issues
The most striking result of this year's Overseas Americans Week (OAW) was the appointment of a member of the White House staff to specifically handle overseas Americans' issues with the administration and federal agencies. AARO and its sister organizations will be engaging in dialogue with the appointee, Bobby Schmuck, in the weeks and months to come to find new ways to work together on the issues of greatest importance to overseas Americans.
|< Prev||Next >|
FATCA in the News
- Four Ways to Get FATCAed
- FATCA Losing Its Way
- Overseas Americans: Time to Say 'Bye' to Uncle Sam?
- From 'The Hill': FATCA, a Simple Premise Gone Terribly Wrong', co-authored by AARO Board Member Victoria Ferrauge
- How to Lose Friends, Citizens and Influence (July 18)
- Letter from Congressman Bill Posey to Treasury Secretary Lew, questioning the feasibility of FATCA implementation
- Reed-Schumer Amendment on "Ex-Citizen Tax Dodgers"
Join AARO for its monthly lunch and lively discussion of political issues affecting overseas Americans - from taxes to voting to citizenship to whatever else is on your mind. Get to know us and learn more about the organization!
Please Note: Venue may change, to be announced!
Date: Monday, April 7
Place: Pizza Pino, 57 Boulevard Montparnasse, Paris 75006
Metro: Falguière or Notre-Dame-des-Champs